Evolve PiYo Instructor Sophie is new to Evolve but quickly getting a loyal following to her Wednesday evening class. To help our members get to know her better, we sent her a list of 20 random, fun questions to answer. We enjoyed reading them, and we hope you do too!
1. Where did you grow up? Richland, WA
2. Share one weird fact about yourself. I was a kid shoe model.
3. If you could rename yourself, what name would you choose? Well, I tried to go by the last 2 syllables of my name in college: Phia (Sophia)…but it didn’t really catch on.
4. How did you get into fitness? I’ve met a lot of inspiring people in the industry who educated and motivated me. I hope to have a positive impact in someone else’s fitness journey.
5. What is your favorite exercise to add into your classes? Squats, there’s so many different variations.
6. Name one fitness related goal that you have. Get stronger!
7. Whats one thing you do for fun? I love my Vizsla, Hazelle. I run a dog instagram account about our adventures together.
8. If you could have one super power, what would it be? Breathe underwater
9. What’s your favorite muscle group to work out? Glutes!
10. What was the last thing you ate? Baked Salmon
11. What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten? Fried Alligator
12. Summer, fall, winter or spring? Definitely summer
13. What is your least favorite workout to do? Boring ones – If I have to do the same thing for more than 5 minutes, I’m over it. Give me variety!
14. Are you a morning or a night person? Morning person – but weirdly I prefer working out in the evenings.
15. How often to do workout a week? 5 – 6 Days per week
16. Do you have any nicknames? My rapper name is Lil Feisty
17. What kind of music do you like? I just love upbeat music, like pop
18. What type of fitness class is your favorite to teach? PiYo of course!
19. How would you describe your fitness classes at Evolve for someone who has never went? A low-impact, high-energy class with moves from yoga and pilates, choreographed to music.
20. Name one goal for this year. Buy my first house!